Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hi from Upstate NY

4 replies to this topic

#1 Barbless Bob

Barbless Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:10 AM

Hello everyone. I just joined the Forum and already see a wealth of talent and creativity here! Been flyfishing and tying since the 1970s, but am still learning something new everyday. I actively fly fish both fresh and saltwater. I am so impressed by today's young tiers and the YouTube videos available. What a great resource. Back when I started tying, teaching yourself and getting thread on the hook were challenges. :-)

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I love Florida Summer !!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,439 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:35 PM

Welcome to the site, Bob.  Glad to see you new people, even if they aren't new to fly fishing and tying.

I answered your PM ... but just to spread the word.  "Bait fisherman" is just the "New Member" label.   It automatically upgrades after a certain number of posts.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

howdy, Bob. from the Mo. Ozarks

I remember fly tying in the 70s and driving to regional shows to purchase materials the bait shop didn't have.

#4 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:07 AM

Hello Bob, welcome from Connecticut.

#5 trs

trs

Beginner

• Members