Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hello from Upstate NY

4 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie P. (NY)

Charlie P. (NY)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

Howdy do!

New to the forum but a long time fly tyer and fisherman.  Bought my first fly tying vice from Dick Stack in the early 70's when "Dick's" was a single store on the same block as my junior high school and mostly fishing tackle and live bait!  Have the good fortune to live between the Chenango and Susquehanna Rivers, near the Tioughnioga and Otselic Rivers and a short trip to the Catskills.  Married my college sweetheart in 1980 and we live on a small hobby farm; though we sold off the flock of Shetland Sheep we still keep chickens.  Enjoy traditional bowhunting, sailing, kayaking, snowshoeing, generally getting outdoors.  (Go by "Stumpkiller" on several unrelated forums).

I have been primarily a warmwater fly fisherman in the past few decades (wrote a six page article published in Warmwater Fly Fishing magazine back when it existed).  Have great fun pestering smallmouth from a kayak at a local lakes and the rivers. 

Am currently the business manager of a municipal wastewater treatment facility and spend my days making sure the Susquehanna River stays safe and healthy - for people AND fish.

Charlie P.

Port Crane, NY

Attached Thumbnails

• 1397960156.jpg

Not that Pearsall

Pearsalls_logo.gif

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I love Florida Summer !!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,439 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

Nice bio ... welcome to the site, Charlie.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

howdy, and welcome

When I lived east I used to want to fish your area for smallmouth.

#4 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

Welcome, I think you'll find you're a valued addition here.
cb27

#5 mnorton

mnorton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:59 AM

Hi Charlie..welcome...I am from Chenango Bridge

[s]TIGHT LINES AND SCREEMIN REELS YEE HAW

Reply to this topic