Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Greetings from East Central Florida

1 reply to this topic

#1 DDC52

DDC52

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

Hello! I'm a retiree just getting back into fly fishing and tying after a long hiatus from the sport. My target of choice, is Florida largemouth. My weapon, a Diamondback 7/8wt rod and Orvis Battenkill reel which I acquired back in '94. I recently bought a Renzetti Traveler 2000 vise. But later, I found my old Regal Medallion Vise which I had in storage. I much prefer the Regal, but the Renzetti is a good vise and it's a true rotary vise.

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I love Florida Summer !!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:11 AM

Welcome to the site, DDC.  I'm in Deltona, and usually have and open seat in my jon boat if you're near and wish to go.  The only weekends I am NOT on the water are those when I am travelling for work.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

Reply to this topic