Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
timeflies

Simple Weedless Bass Streamer

Heres a pattern I saw somewhere on the internet a a while back and have been using to great success. Its super easy and the most weedless fly ive found, even working better than flies with mono or wire weedguards. Lets see if I can make the link work this time

Hello timeflies,

That pattern works really well, I have tied similar flies on a Gamakatsu Offset Shank Worm EWG hook. I use size 4 and 2 with various patterns throwing up in Pepper Grass and around Lilly Pads with good results on Bass and Crappie. Here are two of the flies that I use. The top fly is tied on a 4 hook with 3-D eyes, and the bottom fly is on a 2 hook with lead eyes.

Have a great day,

Thomas

post-62444-0-20005000-1524221269_thumb.jpg

Very nicely done. One more thing about these style of flies is that in addition to being weedless, they are great for casting up into mangroves and tree lines since you can pop them out without hanging up when you cast too far into the trees.

WA thats a pretty coll pattern, never seen one tied like that, might have to give it a shot!

Agn i bet it would work well for that too, sadly no mangroves to test it out on here in MA lol

Nice video. I was impressed with that idea and will certainly have to give those a try. Looks like lots of possibilities for different materials with Bucktail and without it.

Thanks david! Cant take too much credit for it, saw something similar online and made it easy enough for a monkey like me to do!