Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Favorite fly tying Youtube channels

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Steve617

Steve617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Mine are tightline video, Tim Cammisa and Hans Weilenmann.

#2 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

Curtis Fry, intheriffle
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#3 starsky

starsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

davie mcphail and tightline.

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,369 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

two of the best

davie mcphail

hans weilenmann

another good one

tightlines

The fish care less than we do!

#5 Crackaig

Crackaig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

Far too often I find myself screaming at the laptop "WHY!" or "Can't you count!" when I watch videos on You Tube. The only videos I could point a beginner at and say "Tie like that" of all that I have watched of Hans Weilenmann. Others I have seen some are ok but others leave me wondering. Things like "Take 3 or 4 turns to form the head." (Not needed on an Orange Partridge) then the tier takes 12 turns. Really makes me wonder, then to hear it lauded as an excellent video?

There are many more videos out there than I could possibly watch. There may be others I would recommend, I haven't found them yet.

I've made a few videos. Before I start I always consider if, by doing that video, I am adding anything to what is out there. A new pattern or technique, something that hasn't been covered before. That is quite a tough test, and is part of the reason I haven't done many. I may do more, but personal circumstances are making it very difficult just now. I would like to have more equipment for doing them. Especially a camera that shows my view as I am tying.

Cheers,

C.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
by the clean end"

#6 flygirl

flygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

I second  In The Riffle

#7 FlyTyer15

FlyTyer15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

Intheriffle

Fly Fishing the Ozarks, he ties a lot of big streamers.

Those are my favorites.

#8 Wolf

Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

And I love my channel

Vladimir ZuevFlyTV

fishing YouTube https://www.youtube....adimirZuevFlyTV
INSTAGRAM @vladimirzuevflytv

#9 Steve617

Steve617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

I may have a new favorite Davie Mcphail. Pretty bad when you wake up at 2 am to watch a fly tying video.

#10 Steve617

Steve617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

Watched one video of in the riffle Acthallly watched it 3 times. Maybe my favorite. Thanks for posting.

#11 bighornbuster

bighornbuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

In the riffle is a good one as is Hammer Creek( see all of those on this forum), and also Parks Fly shop in Gardiner Montana has their tyers doing some good ones.

#12 JoeBillingsley

JoeBillingsley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

I like all the ones mentioned. I also found this tier a few weeks ago. He does some very neat things with wings and his videos are sharp. Here is his YouTube link or it's flyfishingwithsmhaen:

https://www.youtube....tFonqVSaQBrx0Sg

Joe

#13 bocast

bocast

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

Davie McPhail's skill is astounding, and his ties are beautiful and durable. Poetry on the vise.
Others I like include Tightline videos, Charlie Craven videos, and Hans W.

For a great fishing, easy to tie guide fly for someone interested getting in tying and fishing, I recommend Eric Stroup tying the "J-bug"

#14 Rocco

Rocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Dron Lee's Flttying nation and Rich Strolis's Catching Shadows. They wow me!

Rocco

#15 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

I may have a new favorite Davie Mcphail. Pretty bad when you wake up at 2 am to watch a fly tying video.

Hey I do it all the time...LOL...Old lady asked me one night what was I watching at 2:30 AM...I said fly tying video...Before I knew it time to get ready for work.  Oh well I couldn't sleep anyway might as well make time useful than just tossing and turning in bed!