Fly Tying
Michael Ringus

Mary Orvis Marbury inspired wet fly

Michael, I am not into "classic" flies. But I do like the white tipped feather placed inside, with the red/blue outside.

Nicely tied.

That certainly has shades of Orvis all over it!Especially the bass patterns!Nicely done

I dig it! I got into tying some of the old bass patterns for display. I got so excited over them I bought some old bass flies on E-bay. I just had to hold a real old one in my hands and look at it. They're cool. I was puzzled to see some of them only tie one feather in for the wing instead of two back to back. I didn't when I tied mine, but many of the old ones were done that way. And NO the feather did not break off. I love the old stuff. I have a mini antique fishing museum in my basement/mancave. LOL..That's how much I enjoy the history of fishing. Now go get an old split bamboo rod and an old Pfluger reel, some silk line and some gut leaders and catch something with it old school...I did.