Fly Tying
Fred H.

Intro To Realistic Fly tying CD

I have done this cd with the intention of introducing those of you interested in trying your hands

at this form of tying with the means of getting started. It has been in my eyes a sucess. The materials

were once hard to find, but now our sponser (J. Stockard) carries all of them. I feel it is time for someone to post these patterns in the step by step on this site. With the exception of the Humble Bumble which is Ulf's (Uffe puffe) pattern. I had gotten his permission to use it in the cd but not

to publish it on this forum. So maybe some one could ask him. I do not have the means to upload

such large files myself. So if one of you who have the cd would like to upload the patterns I would appreciate it. Thanks for all your support . I hope to one day have faster access and be able to share

patterns more easily.

Fred

Fred - I have a copy of your CD and a high speed internet connection. Would you want me to convert your tying instructions to Adobe PDF files (smaller) and then upload them to this site? If yes, where would you like me to put them? Here or in the Step-By-Step section? I think if they were placed here (Realistics section) they could be pinned so they appear at the top of the posts and would be easily found by anyone interested in tying Realistic flies.

Just let me know what you'd like...

Fred, thanks for your contribution. I received your first run CD, but unfortunately I've been unable to find time to attempt the patterns. I'll make sure to post pics when I do though. I tend to spend too much time tying each fly and spreading myself too thin over the Royal Family Swap, learning classic wets and realistics. I was feeling pretty down the other day, but I looked back at some early flies I tied vs. current ones and I can see a huge improvement. All the laboring over a single fly isn't for naught, but it sure does make completing projects slow. Fortunately it saves a great deal on materials!

Fred - I have a copy of your CD and a high speed internet connection. Would you want me to convert your tying instructions to Adobe PDF files (smaller) and then upload them to this site? If yes, where would you like me to put them? Here or in the Step-By-Step section? I think if they were placed here (Realistics section) they could be pinned so they appear at the top of the posts and would be easily found by anyone interested in tying Realistic flies.

Just let me know what you'd like...

Ray ,that would be very nice. I think if they were pinned it would be easier for everyone to find them.

Thanks , Fred

Fred - I will try to convert the files and post them here later today. I was thinking that I can add them to this post so they show up under your name. If I create a new post, they would appear under my name, which could be misleading.

Fred - I will try to convert the files and post them here later today. I was thinking that I can add them to this post so they show up under your name. If I create a new post, they would appear under my name, which could be misleading.

Ray ,do what ever is easier , the main thing is getting the imformation out there for people who

want it.

Thanks for posting those Ray. The humble bumble is Ulf's pattern (uffe puffe). He was kind enough to let me add it to the cd. Do you know if its possible to pin these patterns?

Fred - I sent a note to the forum moderator (see below). Hopefully this thread will be pinned in the future.

"Dear Moderator - Would it be possible to PIN this post at the top of the Realistic Fly Tying page? Fred has submitted some wonderful fly tying instructions that will be useful to many in the future.

Thanks,

Ray Tucker (letumgo)"

I wanted to say thanks to Fred for sharing his ideas and helping with those who wanted to learn. I just attended the gulf coast FFF conclave and watched fred tie his beautiful patterns. I also purchased his CD's and love them. I plan on learning the patterns and then tying them at a flyclub tying session for our members. Some tyers dont share all their ideas or tricks of their patterns but Fred really loves what he does and i appreciate the sharing of his talents and taking the time to do so. Kudos to him.

Don

Panhandle Flyfishers

Destin, Fl