Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

I just don't get it.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:10 AM

Wait, your not married to her, you don't live with her and she lives in an apartment over your garage? Why do you need to understand a tenant? I say enjoy the use of her old coat and don't worry about her stewing in her apartment.

#32 xvigauge

xvigauge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

I don't get it either.
joe

#33 Flicted

Flicted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:37 PM

You should have given it to the Goodwill and then bought it back.  Then it's yours to do with as you please. 

#34 gsurko

gsurko

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

This won’t help I’m sure but goodwill is one of the crookedest charity scams there is. They pay their employees next to nothing, their inventory is given to them, which they sell at pure profit and pay no taxes and their CEO makes like two million a year.

#35 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,159 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:10 PM

Welcome to the site, gsurko, unless you're only here to put down Goodwill ... ???

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#36 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

After a check on Charity Navigator, I can find no CEO of any listed and rated Goodwill Industries locations making more than $444,000.  That figure was less than 1.5% of total revenue.  The other CEO salaries were all under that and all under 01% of revenue.  All listed Goodwill Industries were given a score between 81 and 95 by Charity Navigator.  Goodwill is NOT just one organization, but many regional organizations.  They do many different kinds of work other than operate the stores that most of us are familiar with.   

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#37 SilverCreek

SilverCreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

This won’t help I’m sure but goodwill is one of the crookedest charity scams there is. They pay their employees next to nothing, their inventory is given to them, which they sell at pure profit and pay no taxes and their CEO makes like two million a year.

https://www.charityw...onal-office/226

You are repeating rumors that have been proved false. Snopes busted this rumor 13 years ago in 2005.

• GoodwillGoodwill Industries International is not a business that takes in donated items and resells them for a profit. It is a not-for-profit organization that provides job training, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges. Goodwill raises money for their programs through a chain of thrift stores which also operate as non-profits.The CEO of Goodwill Industries International is not Mark Curran, nor does he make $2.3 million a year. The current President and CEO of Goodwill is Jim Gibbons, who in 2015 received a total reported compensation of $712,202.

https://www.snopes.c...ries-charities/

http://www.goodwill....t-email-rumors/

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

http://tinyurl.com/lgkbu7v

#38 Flicted

Flicted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:54 AM

What a buzz kill.

#39 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,159 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

What was a "buzz kill"?  gsurko with the fake news ... or Silver with the research that proved it fake?

Barbed hooks rule!

#40 Flicted

Flicted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:33 PM

"Buzz Kill"  =  We quickly went from a comical story about the effects of dubbing materials on family relationships to corporate greed.

#41 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,159 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Happens once in a while, Flicted.  We get over it and move on.  If the thread gets "mean", then we lock or delete it.

Barbed hooks rule!

#42 Rjohn7

Rjohn7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

looking back on it now it is comical.  then it really was more irritating.