Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Moshup

Toe Tags

Fairly new to swapping and was wondering what was the easier way of making up fly toe tags?

I do my 2 ways

1) if I can put them in bags I use labels that I print out on my Computer and stick them on the bag .

2) if they have hackle that can not get smashed Like dry fly hackle I printed up my name on the computer and printed a couple pages then I cut them out when I need them .

Steve-stabgnid

I used paper at first but having so many come in with paper tags loose in the container and half of them off I switched to foam. Wally World has big packs of cheap foam way less than ordering foam through fishing venues. Now when I put them in container I'll cut some paper towel to place in keep them from banging around so flies and tags definitely stay together. Those using paper in tin containers could help SM by putting Kleenex or paper towel in to keep them from shaking around in there so tags and flies stay together.

Guest rich mc

i use my name on a slip of paper but cover that piece with clear tape on both side . then stick thru the hook point rich mc

print them up then cut them out then stab the hook into them. 1 tag for each fly

toe%20tag_zpsp0zk60az.jpg

dont forget the rest

typical%20shipping%20setup_zpswra9dtkl.j

suggestions for packaging boxes. use your judgement

tin box is good for the small flies (altoids or whatever)

box%201_zps1kxcn7vn.jpgbox%202_zpsxhn4pkap.jpg

a medium sized box is good for larger flies (michaels craft store in the bead section)

box%203_zps53szl2ed.jpgbox%204_zpsdndm1m7j.jpg

a vhs tape box is good for the largest of flies (hard to find if you threw them all out)

box%205_zpsqsgcr4io.jpg

all of them should include an address label on them