Fly Tying

Lefty Kreh passes....

I read Hawkings book. What a mind! The book was a very difficult read. It was a required read in college for one of my classes.

Rest in peace Lefty. You had such a profound affect on me that I can't even pretend to know the totality of it. It was all over when I read Fly Fishing in Saltwater. I was hooked. That book probably had as much to do with my moving to Florida right after high school as anything else. My next cast will be in your honor, and yes I'll "watch my back cast"....

Never got to meet him, but I'm sure the next generation will carry the legacy (myself included). It's up to us to keep up his work and to spread his knowledge

Wow!I can't believe he's gone!I met him a year or so back and he was super nice!I loved watching him on Bones and Buccaneers.

He once said that there is more bs in fly tying/fishing than in a kansas stockyard..he should have included rod building too..lol. i do both and can,t argue with him..he wasn,t afraid to speak his mind..