Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Betty

Peanut Hollow/BTD

To lighten up my winter blahs I hit the vise and came up with this little beauty. It's about 5 inches long on a size 2/0 Mustad hook. The tail end is first tyed with white bucktail then ostrich tyed 360 with flash. Next two tye ins was BTD (Bucktail Deceiver Bop Popovics style) light peach top and white bottom, the next three are Hollow tye ins (again thanks Bob). Finally a peacock top and jungle cock eyes.

post-18342-0-76386100-1393206337_thumb.jpg

You striper guys tie flies worthy of framing and they do catch some serious fish! I haven't done any buck tail flies in a while, I'm going to have to give this on a try.

Thanks for posting…dave

That fly has a gorgeous blend and profile. I've seen a lot of these types of flies on this site, but yours is ... elegant?

Gorgeous ... I'll go with that.

Thank you all for the nice comments, I'm sure this fly in other colors would take fish in any location. It can be tyed larger or smaller to suit your needs and situation. Plus it has the ability to be tyed thin or fatter like a mullet. Still plenty of winter here but this forum has me jazzed for the up and coming spring season. Tight lines to you fishermen that can hit the briny now.