Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
David 82nd

Sharing good experience with this company

Many times nowadays we here about only bad experiences with company's , I'd like to share a good experience I had this week ..

Several months ago I was casting away in clear water , I looked down and laying on the rocks in the water I seen somthing ? It wasn't a nymph lol , it was a high dollar set of nippers , I figured they fell off somebody's vest and were lost by someone .. I picked them up of course , thought wow poor guy must be pissed after losing these , they are the expensive ones , I clipped to my pack and thought hmm I guess I'll try them , I wasn't impressed , they seemed very dull cutting tippit and leaders ? , went back to my $6:00 cheap ones , because I loose them to lol .

That night got home cleaned gear and looked at these nippers again , then went to company's web site , wow almost $40.00 , and I thought they cut for crap ! , so I called company , I explained exactly what I just typed here , they asked me to text a picture ...I did it , they sent me an e- mail saying new " Nip-and sips " are on the way , wow !! I called them , asked if I should send originals back. Nope just hope you're happy with new ones , This kind of made me feel good towards this company. "" Loon "

Three days later a box arrived with new nippers , some stickers and a nice laynyard

I guess I'll support this company Loon sticks behind their products

I can say the same for Hodgeman , while maybe not the highest end wader, they do stand behind them in my experience.

i always say great customer service costs money. In the case of loon nippers its a 400% markup.

I'm sure you're right poop , but the fact that they dropped a new tool in the mail for me no questions goes far in my book

Couldn't agree more with you. Free is for me but buying 40 dollar nippers isn't. Do the new ones work better?

They do work nice, however I can't honestly see a difference from the inexpensive ones that I usually loose lol , but hey I'll be happy to have them , price was right and I'll support the Loon company just based off their nice service