Fly Tying
Tony1690

Help wanted

Hope someone on here from the usa can help looking for a fellow fly tyier who maybe traps as well or knows someone who does,I am wanting some fur offcuts raccoon,beaver,possum,muskrat,et for blending my own dubbing and for fly tying materials as well as wild turkey feathers.obviously I will cover postage and what you think is a reasonable cost hope someone can help thanks lads.

I'd also suggest you check any local shops where they make fur garments. They often throw away in an hour enough scraps to supply you for a lifetime.

Rocco

Based on this line, "from the usa" ... I am assuming you're NOT "from the USA".

Very few people will take a chance on exporting animal hides ... even legal ones. But you might get lucky.

Oops ... posted at the same time.

UK is pretty big on fly fishing, from what I hear ... I am surprised you don't have access to most tying materials.

Am in the uk yes fly fishing is big but some of the materials are poor quality I am always looking to expand my tying materials ,I wasn't expecting anyone to send a full pelt just offcuts difficult to get some materials here and the price is robbery for what you get .

I am in the uk yes fly fishing is big but some of the materials are poor quality I am always looking to expand my tying materials, I wasn't expecting anyone to send a full pelt just offcuts some materials here are difficult to get and the price is robbery for what you get.

Birds are relatively easy to find in UK but you'll need to cure your own.

Furs a completely different kettle of fish. Mole is easy to source, again you'll probably need to cure your own. Fox is often available if you can find an estate or farmer who shoots.

Yes I used to be a gamekeeper can get no end of british fur ,was after something different raccoon,beaver,muskrat, etc