Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Willie Rip

Full moon fishing

That's the first time I've ever saw anyone use flies on a trot line. Nice batch of bream to take home for dinner. I enjoyed the commentary. Spent 4 years in NW Tennessee going to college. Every so often we'd run a couple of trot lines in the Obion River to pick up some catfish and shellcrackers for a fish fry. The last time I went fishing during a full moon I ran into a ghost. Haven't fished at night or under a full moon since then.

The last time I went fishing during a full moon I ran into a ghost. Haven't fished at night or under a full moon since then.

Please forgive me for the laughter you might hear.

Yeah, thanks I like running handlines. I figure the fly doesn't know what it rigged to, nor does the nightcrawlers know what it's hook on. After years of fishing other methods, I started stripping away everything that wasn't catching fish. I was left with line, bait, flies and weight. So I started building up from that. Trying to finish this book titled "The Handliner's Handbook."

Nice video Willie, Lord I haven't fished a handline in years and you make it work with a fly! Thanks for the inspiration maybe I'll try it after it warms up.