Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Troutbum - New water swap

SWAP SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

So boys and girls,

I was going to wait a while before I opened this up, but i decided I don't want to wait.

This swap - your fly for new water.

I have seen feedback from my thread in the fly fishing section of the forum so I'm pretty excited about the possibilities here.

Ok. So in keeping with the 'twists' I've seen of late there is one here too.

You have the following limited intelligence on the new stream:
1. The trout in these waters are known to like darker bodies (eg dark greys, browns, olive, black).
2. Elk and deerhair patterns are generally considered ineffective and you have been told to leave them out of your box.
3. The most effective patterns range between #14 and #18.
4. Wet and dry fly are both effective on their day.

So. I want 12 participants. Each of you will tie a dozen of one pattern. You will not get your own fly back.

The fly can be a dry, emerger or wet fly, but must meet the above brief.

No streamers please, mainly because I'm not confident in how to fish them. If you are skilled enough and have a pattern that can work either as a wet or dry even better.

Standard rules apply. I live in Australia so you will need to allow approx 2 to 3 weeks delivery from most places OS, and similar return time.

I will except either cash or paypal for return postage, noting that if the envelope is greater than 20mm (4/5 inch) thick the price drastically increases to about $10 us for me to send it back.

So as not to penalise late comers, i will set a due date once the swap is full.

ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE WELCOME.

Are you in?

SM - Spinner, black most likely a #14 or #16
1. dflanagan - RS2 emerger
2. vicrider
3. fishingbobnelson
4. Adam Saarinen

If this works i migh then run one for lakes.

If I could have them before my trip on the 24 I'd be in. But interested to see what you all tie.

If you're talking 24 July 'we'd definitely be pushing it. I wouldn't expect to have even received all of the flies by then I'm afraid

If you're talking 24 July 'we'd definitely be pushing it. I wouldn't expect to have even received all of the flies by then I'm afraid

I know that's why I said if haha. Hope it goes well. Like I said I'll be interested to see what gets tied.

Sorry mate.

Hopefully it works well and you can play for the lakes one if it goes ahead.

hahahahahahaha!

All good. I'll be leaving it open for a wee while and then we will see.

While I am super keen to run this swap I am also keenly aware that you guys are in peak summer / fishing season at the moment as well. So depending on the response I would be happy to postpone for a month or two before getting it started.

I hope you're able to keep the swap open. With vicrider, fishingbobnelson, Adam Saarinen, and you, Dave, in so far I know it's gonna be good. I don't know whether this will get people in or turn them away but I'll toss in a couple of flies designed and proven here in Missouri to go along with my RS2s.