Fly Tying

2005 Fly Tyer of the Year!!!!

Once again, congrats to all of the category winners! I don't think you can find a better set of flies anywhere. Remember every category winner will at least be given a gift certificate to J.Stockard and I have many other prizes to give out(I'll get that all sorted out later).

The voting was extremely close and only 10 votes seperated 1st place from 5th place. It was remarkable to see these top 5 flies during the course of the voting. Each one had their moment on top of the voting, it was a very cool thing to witness!

Here are the top 5

#5 - redkid

IPB Image

#4 - Bud Guidry

IPB Image

#3 - Miqu

IPB Image

#2 - wickedcarpenter

IPB Image

Your 2005 Fly Tyer of the Year is Utkin with an absoluetly amazing realistic bumblebee. Being able to see this fly in person, it is beyond what words can describe and it defiently deserves this honor and the bamboo fly rod!!!

IPB Image

This was the 3rd year of this event and I truly believe it continues to get better every year. I hope we can continue this tradition for many years to come, I enjoy hosting it and I hope that you all enjoy participating and getting involved with the voting. The contest can only exist with your participation so please consider entering a few categories next year. Remember, it is not about winning and losing, instead it is all about challenging yourself to do your best and to see how far your skills have progressed over the past year.

This was alot of fun guys, I hope you all enjoyed it. I ready to start drafting up the '06 event.

Thanks again :headbang:

Congratulations Utkin, Your bee is stunningly awesome. Enjoy your new bamboo fly rod!!! I hope we get to see some pictures of you holding it with some fish.

Cheers,

Graham

Unbelieveable! Congratulations to each of you guys. Truly stunning display of talent this year.

I can't wait to get down to Cinci to the BUFF show to see these in person.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FTOTY WINNER UTKIN!

Well Deserved! Amazing fly, I was convinced it was a dead bee crazy glued to a hook....Are you sure it wasn't Will?

Damn!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Will,

This was the best FTOTY Yet!! My hat's off to you Brother!

You did one hell of a job putting this all together! I feel honored to be a part of this community.

Damian

Congratulations everyone! You all deserve to be the top 5!

Utkin Congratulations of FTOY!!!! Its well deserved!

-Sam

Good Day,

Congratulations Utkin! And also to all others! Great stuff man!

OK - so when does the 2006 competition start! :D

Steelie

Congratulations Utkin! And also to all others! Great flies by all and what a bee.......

Congrats to Everyone who made the second round :headbang: I'd also like to say thanks to Everyone who voted for the Stonefly or i'd never made it into the second round.

Yea.... Will pulled a big one on Us this year :devil: I felt like I had food posioning when i did not see the Stonefly make it to the second round. :lol:

Congratulations Utkin on FTOY! That is one BAD AZZ Bumble bee!!I can't wait to see the material list. Great job.

I believe EVERYONE who entered this Year did a fine job and hope to see more members enter next year :headbang:

Thanks again To all of You.

Brent

Congratulations Utkin, your bee is one fine fly. I realy hope you to see more of your flies. Thanks for letting me be a part of this contest it was fun. You rock number 1

Congrats Utkin! The entire lot of flies was amazing and its not hard to see why the voting was so close!

i'm estatic. thats the fly i voted for and for fly tyer of the year. yeeehaaaa, i finally got something right. the crazy thing is i didn't even know my fly was up there with the others. thanks to those that voter for my fly but most importantly. thanks to the contributor of that amazing bumble bee. it was a pleasure viewing all the wonderful entries and i wish everyone could have been a winner.

again, thanks to all who posted the amazing entries in this year FTF tying contest

Bud