Fly Tying
ecberr

Allen fly fishing

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with ordering products from Allenflyfishing.com

Thanks,

Ed

I can't say I have ever ordered from them myself, but I do know a number of friends that have ordered from them and they have all had good experiences with dealing with Allen to the best of my knowledge.

I am currently waiting for a fly rod/reel combo. Seems I am funny enough to win the "Caption Contest" a couple months back. Got a gift certificate for the win. I went to the site, and I must say, they are very limited in their inventory. Good hooks and beads, but no other fly tying material or tools. I wanted to load up on some upgraded tools, but couldn't. And other than hooks and beads, their prices aren't ... friendly. I wouldn't have bought anything if I hadn't had the gift.

So, I bought the least expensive thing I could, to use the gift.

That got shipped the very next business day. I am waiting for it to get here, but the E-mail contact has been excellent.

If they have something you want ... I say, go ahead and buy it. I think you'll be satisfied.

Thanks for the replies folks, I'm glad to hear that they are a decent company.

My experience with them thus far has been lackluster. Perhaps they are backed up. I ordered a rod almost 2 weeks ago, and the order is still listed as awaiting fulfillment. Efforts to reach them via phone haven't been successful, and my emails haven't been returned. I had hoped to have this rod by trout season opening day(this Sunday) since I broke the tip section of my 5wt last fall. Shame on me for waiting til the last minute to order it.

Thanks,

P.S. the Procrastinators Anonymous meeting has been postponed til next week.

I have ordered many hooks from them and I usually receive them within days theyve always answered the phone and have been very prompt with emails.

Thier reels are nice also I own one and Ive been to the shop and handle everyone of them

Edited a typo

allen fly fishing has never been known to be a full "fly shop" for all of your fly tying material needs

beads and hooks. thats about it

excellent customer service for the orders i have placed with them (beads and hooks)

​Have been using Allen for my hooks for about six plus months and very happy with service and product.

Picked up a line from them last year. Also bought something from them before that, but can't remember what it was!

No complaints.

Got my combo yesterday. 8 weight rod, reel with backing, line and tapered leader, reel case and a rod case.

Excellent response time and it looks like good equipment. I'll be using it nest time out, to see if it'll throw a big fly.

Got my combo yesterday. 8 weight rod, reel with backing, line and tapered leader, reel case and a rod case.

Excellent response time and it looks like good equipment. I'll be using it nest time out, to see if it'll throw a big fly.

What reel did you get Mike?