Fly Tying
vicrider

Need to run a swap as part of healing process...

Swap is full. Mail in by Sept. 4th giving us 4 full weekends.

Granddaughters head back next week and I need to run a swap now that I can get back to my desk again. Every swap needs some kind of a theme and since I just put in a couple of fairly big orders including a lot of tungsten beads ($$$). As fall is approaching much to rapidly I'm hoping to be able to handle some boat time for a float trip yet this fall. Most of the fishing I've done with guides is either floating weighted nymphs under indicators or throwing weighted streamers or buggers. For this swap I'd like to just leave it open for whatever you consider one of your best fall producers. It can be weighted or not but mine will be fairly heavy on competition hooks so expect that. Grasshoppers are always good well into fall so they'd be a good consideration also. So C'mon, get me back to the desk and let's get a dozen swappers in here. If we fill out I'll pick the deadline date but it will include at least 4 weekends to "get'er done".

12 people and myself means 12 flies tied. You guys know the basics on mail and toe tags. Any new swappers read the rules and feel free to ask questions.

Nick Szabo

PO Box 361

Cheyenne OK, 73628

Vicrider.........................Finished

1. Johnw1986.............In the house

2. Fishin' Bob..............In the house

3. Stabngid.................In the house

4. Vicente...................In the house

5. Rick Ziegler.............In the house

6. Bryon Anderson......In the house

7. Shmang..................In the house

8. Wmw4 ....................In the house

9. Woodenlegs............In the house

10. mikemac1...............In the house

11. professor.................In the house

12. dogfacedoc.............In the house

Welcome to the swap John. If you're new feel free to ask any questions. Fishing Bob, glad your flies are better than your sense of humor. Bone is pretty much knit back together but muscles are slow to heal, or at least the pain in the upper hip area is still more than I like to live with. Almost ready to transition from walker to cane though.

Sounds great guys. Rick, hope you're not joining just because of the compliments I gave you on Facebook. Even with great bunch of tiers we have on this board yours are always with the top flies in any group. The group is lucky to have guys like you with us swapping. Now if we could just Norm back.

PS...Came back to this post to add that in all the many swaps I've run or participated in I can only think of once or twice that someone might have just mailed it in and even then it may have been just growing abilities not up to what many on the board have reached. For the most part the flies we get in these represent each of our best abilities and if mine or any of ours fall a little short of Museum quality they are all as well tied as we're able and always eminently fishable. So if you're new to tying join swaps, do your best, and you'll always be welcome.