Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Flyfishing for grayling, 100 miles on Beaver Creek Alaska

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:41 PM

Here's a video from a trip I did this fall in interior Alaska.

#2 feathers5

feathers5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for posting this video, Mark. I really enjoy seeing your home state. I bet you never got tired of catching fish. Did I miss it or didn't you spot any moose?

#3 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for posting this video, Mark. I really enjoy seeing your home state. I bet you never got tired of catching fish. Did I miss it or didn't you spot any moose?

Only one cow moose. To be honest, we didn't try very hard to find a bull. I have four freezers plugged in already. I have no where to put one. Thanks for the kind words. So for I haven't fished enough to get tired of it but I'll keep trying. biggrin.png

#4 Swamp Fly

Swamp Fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

Wow, what a great trip!  I might just have to put that on my bucket list.  I had to laugh at the underwater footage footage.  I was trying to figure out what was growling, I thought it was the fish before I figured it out.  That really makes me wonder about fly line noise... I'll start a new post.

Here's the Florida version: Link

Probably one of my all time favorite videos.

Swamp

#5 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

Nice video Swamp.

#6 DFoster

DFoster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:30 AM

Here's a video from a trip I did this fall in interior Alaska.

Geez Mark the whole state of Massachusetts is roughly 200 miles tip to tip.  For us driving 100 miles in any direction would put us in a whole other state!  The size of Alaska is awesome. My daughter went up there a few years back and got me a "Texas is cute" tee shirt.   My wife has family outside of Anchorage but I have never been.  From what I can see in the vid Beaver "Creek" would be considered a major river in these parts -  If you don't mind me asking are you born and raised or a transplant?

Couldn't post the photo- Still getting the Error 522 thing.

"I am not against golf, since I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout."
- Paul O'Neil

#7 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:39 PM

D, I moved here in 1984 to be a big game guide, commercial fisherman and professional trapper. I did all those things for 15 years, got married and domesticated a little bit. We started our business in 2000 and now I mostly fish and hunt for myself.