Fly Tying
Piker20

liquid tungsten

Has anyone here seen or used the liquid brush on tungsten available? It seems to have been around since 2014 for bait fisherman to balance their rigs and is sold in UK under NASH label. It looks good for weighting flies without adding any bulk with lead or beads etc. Cant find the weight per ml of the product though.

So, anyone using this or seen it in the flesh?

Sounds like a really good idea. Let us know if you try some out piker. I'd like to know how well it works.

I wonder if I could make my own with some hard as Nails and tungsten powder...

Sounds like a really good idea. Let us know if you try some out piker. I'd like to know how well it works.

i don't see why not. as long as it was given a good mix before application.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-LB-Tungsten-powder-5-15-microns-W-99-97-/151012037593

http://www.golftown.com/High-Density-Swing-Weighting-Tungsten-Powder---4oz-P8377.aspx?style_number=30079088&code=CI&code=CI&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=lp&utm_campaign=CI+PLA&ci_src=363499683&ci_sku=30079088&gclid=CjwKEAiA3vamBRDJ1Lfwt5Pckw4SJAAdhnk2Eph1-lays_rLoNbwJBIen26CysG5YQwf91Dw8V6oyRoCoYnw_wcB#.

this price spread shows how much extra you pay for something from a 'specialty store'.

Interesting. Stuff is featured here toward the end of the video where they use it to paint the leader, which is a curious idea...but then, carp fishers are a curious bunch. Have no idea what I would use it for, and it would seem to me that the tungsten putty fits the same niche if I ever really needed to go that route. The painted leader idea is plausible because you are trying to increase the weight of a light material but not sure why I would paint a hook, when I could just as easily use any of the existing materials, include tungsten wire, for smaller bugs. I wonder how long it will take before it starts cropping up in shops in the US?

P.S. Of the Nash products discussed in the video, those tungsten leader sleeves were the most interesting product to me. Have to look into making something like that from T8.

Yes, leader sleeves have a use in nymph fishing. I'm waiting to hear back from NASH with more techi details.

I like the idea of just altering the weight without adding body to the fly.

I have done this with Clear Cure Goo...works ok on small-ish nymphs, but really it's easier and more convenient to use a bead or lead.

Wow, those UK carp anglers are as obsessed and technical as we are.

The brush on tungsten looks very cool. You could add weight to a fly on stream as well as at the vise. The Nash Spot On looks like a great subtle indicator and possibly an improvement over Biostrike which I've abandoned.

Is this available in U.S.?