Fly Tying
breambuster

The Well-Stocked Flybox

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED!

Hey Guys. Long time, no see and thats my fault. Since I retired and moved to our retirement home, an acquaintance here has developed into friendship. My new friend likes to Crappie fish and has a boat. Crappie fishing here is anywhere from 10 to 30 feet deep and spinning gear is in order. But there are also some trout fishing in the Northern end of our County and Ive been thinking about giving that a try. And Im thinking about putting together a basic but well-stocked flybox, and you can help. Those of you who have tied with me before know that I like to do fly swaps in a series, and thats what Im proposing here. We can go as many rounds as you guys want to do, but Im thinking about beginning with 4 rounds. The 1st will be nymphs, 2nd will be emergers, 3rd will be Classic Dries, and 4th will be parachutes. If there is enough interest, we could go on to soft hackles, Classic Wets, Terrestrials, or whatever else you guys want to do.

Here are the rules. Today is Sunday, January 5th. We will close this swap on Friday, January 10th with as many as sign up, up to an absolute cap of 12, plus the Swapmeister. If we only have 8 sign up by Friday, for instance, we will close at 8. Or whatever we have. The due day will be 1 month later on February 10th. Your flies will be EXPECTED to be here on or before February 10th. If your flies are in the mail and you have a good enough excuse for why they are late, we will wait for them, but the next round will begin on February 10th. You may participate in as many rounds as you like, but if you sign up, you are only obligated to that Round. Everyone is welcome to come or go as you see fit. Each swapper will tie as many flies as members in that round. If we have 12 swappers, plus the Swapmeister, you will tie 12 flies and not get back one of your own. If we only have 8 to sign up, then you only tie 8, to use the above example. Anyone interested is welcome to sign up. Beginners are welcome. I will open the next round on February 5th and close it on February 10th. As long as your flies for the previous round are in my possession, you are welcome to sign up for Round 2. If not, then you have to wait until I receive your flies from the previous round. Thats to remind you that Im serious about the due dates. If you didnt participate in the previous round, you are welcome to sign up as soon as the round opens. If you have questions, I will be happy to try to answer them. Again, the first round is nymphs. Who wants in?

BB Mr Rapidan Bead Head Nymph

Swapmeister

1 Samsonboi

2 Vicrider - Received

3 Johnw1986

4 r2732 - Copper Bug Version 2 Received

5 Fishingbobnelson - Casual Dress

6 dflanagan - Received

7 pickin6ofem - #18 bead head Hares Ear -Received

8 jburge - Prince Nymph

9 Woodenlegs - Received

10 Stabgnid

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED!

Ill do round 1 at least for now! Hey breambuster, how bout another ultralight panfish jig swap soon, had a lot of fun with that one, maybe a future round on this one?😁

Fishingbobnelson, r2732, dflanagan, and pickin6ofem; you are all in and welcome. Thanks for joining us.

OK, everyone else, there are only 5 slots left and going fast. You’d better grab 1 fast while you can.

BB

Jburge and Woodenlegs, you are both in and it will be great to be swapping with you again. Thanks for joining.

Only 3 spots left now.

BB