Steeldrifter

9' 4pc 6wt & 8wt's

Sd3p4s.jpg
jfu8rV.jpg
W5bUbw.jpg
HzBPf6.jpg
pM58E4.jpg
wWOfAk.jpg

Mr Knapp asked for a pair of rods and basically just gave me the color pallets he liked (browns, golds and such) and then let me do my thing so this is what I came up with for him.

Seats are carbon fiber then full wells burls grips with some light mix burl corks. Then for colors I went with antique gold on the one which turns a nice translucent yellow/gold without color preserver. Then tipped it with a thread you will probably sever see elsewhere because it is a spool from Gudebrod that from about 20+ yrs ago. So old it was on a foam spool. I've been saving it for a special project so thought now was the time. It's a braid/twist of metallic gold and brown thread. Then the other is rust thread which turns brown on the black blank, tipped with metallic gold.

Enjoy the rods Mark. I was gonna ship them out today but forgot today there's no mail (MLK day) ooops lol

Yep, those are mine and they are not yours so na na na na na all you people. Thanks a bunch Steve, they are beautiful, and I love them. Cant wait to get them. I cant wait to use them, but I guess I will have to. Thank you very much, they are perfect.

No prob buddy. I tell ya Mark. It's always nice to have a fellow craftsman appreciate your work. So for someone like yourself whom makes so many gorgeous knives for so many people, to ask me to build you rods?. I'm honored bud. Thank you, and I hope you get many years of use out of them.

Alaskans melt when they come down into the lower 48. You've seen the "Frosty" documentary every christmas, right? You have to carry them, in a bucket, back up to Alaska before the winds will make them whole again.

Alaskans melt when they come down into the lower 48. You've seen the "Frosty" documentary every christmas, right? You have to carry them, in a bucket, back up to Alaska before the winds will make them whole again.

You are sure right about that, if I go down there to fish, I'm going to make sure the guy has A.C. in the boat.

No prob buddy. I tell ya Mark. It's always nice to have a fellow craftsman appreciate your work. So for someone like yourself whom makes so many gorgeous knives for so many people, to ask me to build you rods?. I'm honored bud. Thank you, and I hope you get many years of use out of them.

The pleasure is all mine, and I am sure it will be for many years.