Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
antonio999us

DIY - Homemade Darter Lure - Attila Veneno Concept

Hello Fly Tying Bench friends,

It has passed long time since my last visit to the Forum. I was full of work and without the possibility to do what I like more which is go fishing. I want to share with you the a video that I posted in my Youtube channel.

After thinking about in some different ideas to start a new project, finally I worked in a concept of a kind of lure that I’ve never used before, but I was sure that it could be very effective in my fishing for Corvinas.
I always looked Darter Lures before, and I asked to myself why do anglers here in Peru do not use them. Maybe because no one have tried darters before, or because fishing stores never sale the, I really don’t know why. I have seen Darters in catalogues, in videos, in internet, at BassProshop when I go to USA and i have the chance to shop, but I never bought one. Believe me.

Because all the previous and given that I like those lures, I began to think to develop my own style of a Darter Lure. Those ones that I had the chance to get on my hands in the past were a little thick and heavy. So I thought to do something slimmer and lighter. Some kind of a Darter lure that I can cast well for the kind of fishing that I do. Thus, I was wondering to make a combination of the typical Darter lure with the lures that I usually use (Japanese DUOs or Daiwas and my own Attila Fat Minnow).

My intention with the video that I bring for you, is to introduce my new Attila Veneno Concept (“Attila” = you may remember that I chose that name for all my homemade lures because I like a lot the story of Attila the Hun; and “Veneno” = which in Spanish means Venom or Poison). The Attila Veneno, is the new member of the lures that I do at home, and is a 100% Homemade Balsa Wooden lure. It weights around 1oz, its length is 6”, it is armed with two saltwater Treble Hooks 01, shifting weight system, it is low sinking action, and can reach 65-78 yards when casting from the shore line with a 9’10” rod, and finally it has a good swimming action. I pretend to use the Attila Veneno at night to catch Corvinas or whenever the conditions are favorable and permit me to use them.

I invite you to watch the video, and please let me know your thoughts and recommendations to improve my work. I will appreciate a lot. Last but not least, I begin to prepare a video series to show the "how to do it" process, explaining step by step to make the Attlia Veneno.

Thank you, here is the link to the video: