Fly Tying

This 10' 3wt is for a customer whom is buying it as a 30th Anniversary gift. Since 30th is pearl they wanted to work that pearl them somehow into the rod. So I had Ron Weber/Southwest Custom Rods turn a nice white acrylic reel seat to fit a BUL5 hardware. Since the white acrylic is somewhat transparent in spots I did blue under the seat for the arbors that way it has a slight bluish hue in spots to give it that mother of pearl look. The wraps are white with metallic titanium trim that spirals over each wrap to add to the pearl look.

S9fasl.jpg
IuZJcd.jpg
mVfxwk.jpg
hnWZIU.jpg

Wow. Can't get more custom than that. Beautiful. I think I asked before, but what do you use for the buffalo cap on the butt?

Holy Crap !!!
I wish I'd have thought of that !!! Those wraps will look crazy good whipping through a casting arc in the sun !!!

I know it might cut a chunk out of my "man card" ... but I like that "bling" !!!

Wow. Can't get more custom than that. Beautiful. I think I asked before, but what do you use for the buffalo cap on the butt?

I use some pewter coat buttons from the fabric store.

As always, the quality of your work is amazing. Beautiful rod!!!

Now that's quite something and I'm 100% sure my screen isn't coming close to doing it justice !!

THAT is gorgeous -- you've outdone yourself, and that is saying something! The whole rod is beautiful but that reel seat is blowing my mind. Love it!

Thanks guys. I wish the reel seat showed better in pics. It really has a much better pearl effect to it in person. Pics make it look washed out looking.

I bet we know someone who would like one of those seats done up in pearl blue ! I haven't been over in the rod forum in a long time ( seems to me I couldn't get access last time I tried) but Ron had been doing them for a while even back then. At the time they didn't interest me much, I might have to rethink that in light of what you've shown us here.

All kidding aside, they really are beautiful in blue. This will probably make Mikes head explode with excitement but this is a blue one I did probably 15 years ago.

nPYZjG.jpg

ohmy.png

Thanks Steve ... the rest of the day's going to suck, without my head.

THAT is a gorgeous rod !!! Do you still have it ???