Fly Tying
Camp'n'fish

Hello from Tennessee

New member from Tennessee. I've been fly fishing and tying for several years since I attended a TU camp in the Smokey Mountains. In those few years I've viewed the forum many times. I just decided to sign in today.

Welcome to your new home,buddy!I too hail from the volunteer state.Grew up fly fishing in the Smokeys.What part you from?

Welcome to the board. I spent 4 years at UT Martin back in the mid-70's Actually, I was introduced to fly fishing back then when a friend showed up with a fly rod when we were fishing one of the local farm ponds. Took me another 16 years before I got into it myself.

Welcome to the forum.

I have never cast a fly rod at reelfoot but have did some serious crappie fishing there many years ago.It's an awesome lake.

Reelfoot is such a pretty lake. Beautiful panfish in there, at least there were back in the 80's when I fished it. Fly fishing should be a blast.

Welcome to the site, Camp.

I fished it many times when I at UT Martin with spinning gear. Never did as well as the locals with their cane poles but caught enough bream and crappie to make the occasional meal but the real slab crappies always eluded us.