Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
atxdiscgolfer

Saltwater Swap: Bay Specific

Ok we have 2 people so far in addition to me, looking to get 6 people total tying 6 flies. I thought we would make this swap for anything that swims in the bay. I will figure out a due date as soon as we fill. Standard Swap rules apply, tie 6 flies and you dont get 1 of your own back. DUE DATE JUNE 3rd

SM- TBD

1. Powershooter- Furry Foam Blue Crab-received

2. Agn54

3. Noahguide- Coyote Ugly- received

4. Mikemac1- Tampa Bay Spec Fly- received

5. Puck- ready and awaiting pickup- received

6. Fshng2- Baifish Pattern- received

anything you can use inshore for redfish, specked trout, snook, tarpon, etc.... basically any shrimp, crab, or baitfish pattern. Keep hooksize to 2/0 or smaller

Good to go. Rainy day in SC, figured since it's my first swap I'd better get on it. Let me know when you're ready for them.

post-61693-0-57716500-1554492504_thumb.jpg

post-61693-0-98479100-1554492534_thumb.jpg

I won't get in this one. Still need to finish bass swap flies and start on hair flies along with major tackle sorting and cleaning for a spring garage sale. I will bring to attention though that the latest issue of Fly Tyer magazine has a new concept Snook fly that looks very interesting. Using a lot of braided line tied in a particular pattern, then unbraided and combed out. Has very specific instructions to finish and add eyes to get it working just right in the water and should be a fun fly to tie without a major investment in materials.

Nick