Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Poopdeck

Help! Groundhog under shed

Catfish like groundhog?

Have a fishin buddy that runs a mom & pop grocery store on a river who always had frozen groundhog liver for catfishin as it stayed on the hook lots longer than regular livers & left a chum slick catfish would follow & strike.

Do they not have good fur for dubbing on them too? And the fox makes great flies also. Methinks poopdeck needs a rifle

The fox built a den a couple houses down. I guess it's having or had puppies. I hope they hang around to kill off a few dozen squirrels. The furry pests have increased the last few years when are neighborhood hawks moved on to greener pastures. The fox is way better then a hawk. That groundhog laughed at the hawks.

The foxes are fine till they learn the rubbish bins hold easy feeding. Then they become a pain.

My understanding of fox are they den only when having puppies. By the end of the summer they will abandon the den and roam wherever. I hope they stay long enough to eat all the other little mammals around.