Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Nipigon June 2019

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ihang10

ihang10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:03 PM

Spent three days fishing Jessie Lk, Lk Nipigon and the Black Sturgeon river. Weather was unseasonably cold, summer is late and our guide opined prime brook fishing is probably 1-2 weeks away. We booked last week to hit the prime season of course.

Of the Brooks we caught, smallest was 16 and the largest was 24; half of our catch was over 20. The smaller brooks were in Lake Nipigon and the hawgs were in Jessie. What a massive system of water they have there. The occasional pike, whitefish, herring of some sort were mixed in and kept you engaged in between Speck hookups.

The last night there we went on the Sturgeon river and waded for a few hours after dinner. Once we got the hole dialed in, we were catching walleye on every-other cast, with a pike and smallie mixed in. Biggest walleye was 24-ish. Day earlier reports had sturgeon and steelheads in the water, but we didnt see any.

7-weight full sink lines at times were not enough for the current. I fished 300 & 350gr lines. Weighted white smelt (bunny), olive zonkers a pine squirrel muddlers.

All-in-all, we caught seven different species of fish.

While not a yearly trip for me, Id do it again after I check off a few other places I want to go.

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I'm Mr Freezemieser I'm Mr Snow!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,223 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

Nice report ... and pictures?

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 ihang10

ihang10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

I have no idea how to link pictures from imgur. Ive tried to before with no success.

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

imgur.jpg

using imgur, just click "copy" and paste into your forum thread

note: if your photos are too large in size for posting on forums, youll need to resize them

signature-bar.jpg

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona

#5 ihang10

ihang10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

The mobile app doesnt give me the bb post option.

#6 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

http://imgur.com/a/ytSmo19

you can post the link to the photo on the mobile app into a forum post

signature-bar.jpg

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona