Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable trout & bass

Pictures from the past few days on the Au Sable. Spent Sun-Wed fishing streamers and dry flies for trout and bass. Weather was nice and temps weren't too high, fishing was a bit tough at times but still managed some great fish. Highlight of the trip was Tuesday after what was a really hard day of fishing throwing streamers for about 7 hours without any trout at all. Finally about 6pm we hiked into one of my favorites spots which is a bit deeper into the woods. I had told my buddy on the hike in all it takes is one cast to change the outlook of the day, and I was right. After about a half dozen casts starting to work some sweepers on the far bank a big brown trout crashed the fly and put up a good fight before I was able to slide the net under him. Taped out at 20" right on the nose and had some beautiful colors.

Was an enjoyable trip. Back home now for a little over 2 weeks to get some rods done and get the boat ready before heading back up for 16 days next month.

gqHbiU.jpg
Es9FTf.jpg
YzcyJn.jpg
O14qOF.jpg
1dYHvE.jpg
An2tJd.jpg
Svv3Qi.jpg
khcpF2.jpg
1ekOrD.jpg
JAkWTk.jpg
cEhAOq.jpg

I'll be looking at the pictures when I get home.

But I just had to say ... all the time you're spending on the water ... I'm envious!

Cracking fish that first one Steve. Don't get too used to the fishing, I'm still hoping for another rod or two before you retire!!

Gorgeous fish,buddy!

Gorgeous brown! Glad you were able to get him before the water warmed up. This heat wave has resulted in a 3-day, non-child-custodial weekend during which I have not fished a lick because it's just too damned hot. Pitiful.

Is that Mio Pond where you're getting the smallmouth?

That ones a funny looking bass / trout , never caught one like it . Very nice Brown in the first pic but what would I know , I live in AZ .