Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jhammer

Interesting day on the ponds...

Bass and bluegill were hitting like there's no tomorrow on the ponds yesterday afternoon. I caught around 15 fish in about an hour or so. They were going nuts for the chartreuse/hot pink woolly worms I tied up last week. With all this commercial tying, my own fly box is a bit bare. I can't let it stay that way for long! Anyway, I had a complete blast today. Beautiful weather and some Fish Ohio worthy gills. Not a bad day at all!

Until....

I tripped in a hole by the pond and ended up breaking my right foot. I ended up driving to the hospital instead of getting a ride. NOT FUN. Operating the pedals was a nightmare! Now I have crutches, an air cast, and some stupid boot thing I have to wear for 6 weeks! I can't have full weight on it for 2-3 weeks. So, my fly fishing has come to a screeching halt for a while. Not to mention, I got broke off by a nice big channel cat.

Although, if I can figure out how to fly cast with crutches, there may be hope yet.... ;)

post-32910-0-42066400-1309409894_thumb.jpg

post-32910-0-60399700-1309409909_thumb.jpg

post-32910-0-96876200-1309409936_thumb.jpg

post-32910-0-94158700-1309409954_thumb.jpg

post-32910-0-65156300-1309409970_thumb.jpg

Get a wheelchair and sit on the bank. But atleast you got to catch fish before you broke your foot. Also now you have plenty of time to fill up the box and the bins at stores.

Geeez dude I just talked to you the other day and you were getting over bronchitis and now a broken foot! You just cant win man.

I've tripped in holes around ponds before but never broken a foot. good luck recovering! Try casting from the wheelchair or crutch out to the pond and just sit on the ground. I wouldn't let a broken foot stop me from fishing...and neither should you!

Geeez dude I just talked to you the other day and you were getting over bronchitis and now a broken foot! You just cant win man.

I've tripped in holes around ponds before but never broken a foot. good luck recovering! Try casting from the wheelchair or crutch out to the pond and just sit on the ground. I wouldn't let a broken foot stop me from fishing...and neither should you!

I know smallie! I just got over being sick and now this happened. I never knew fly fishing could be so dangerous! Hahaha.

Oatka, I think I'll take your advice. There's a couple lawnchairs around there somewhere. I'll just grab one and hobble down to the pond. Foot or not, the fishing isn't gonna stop! :lol:

I think I did a little too much today. The Dr. gave me some good pain meds and I felt great. I went out and did a bunch of stuff today. But, my pills wore off and ol' Jeremy was about in tears LOL! I might wait a while to fish. I don't want to feel that pain again hahaha!