Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

How did I do with this standing shrimp?

Shrimp bonefish fly tying flats fly flies

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

i think ive said enough about your videos.

i dont tie the types of flies youre tying and probably have said too much

i'll leave it up to others to post additional comments

We do it all the time! Get over it!

#32 Kudu

Kudu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

Brian Wise and rich strolls do some nice videos. I like videos but prefer step by steps. It's all a matter of personal choice. Your shrimp fly is cool by the way. Almost forgot anything Charlie Craven does is fantastic. I have his books and try to learn from them all the time.

#33 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

i think ive said enough about your videos.

i dont tie the types of flies youre tying and probably have said too much

i'll leave it up to others to post additional comments

No you have helped, please don't stop commenting. I like the info. Sorry if I might seem like I'm coming across frustrated in my replies to you, I'm not. I just seem to always reply to your posts after I read that one jerk's posts that can't stop talking about how gross it is that I have a beard. But I do like your comments.

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

#34 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

I want to appologise for my recent posts. I've been on edge the last few weeks for a few reasons. I thought at first you guys were just being picky about my beard, and I was taking offense. For that I appologise. I know now (with the exception of one individual) that you were just trying to help me make a better video, and I am grateful for that. I am working on a plain background of some sort in the next few weeks.

Again I appologise for my outbursts.

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shrimp, bonefish, fly tying, flats fly, flies