Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Need a Camera

Hey guys, first let me start by saying to not write "hey Flats, you can take the same pictures with your phone and your 200$ camera" kinda things like that

Now thats out of the way, im looking for a camera that meets the checklists

1. Takes good video and good pictures (to make youtube videos and nice pictures)

2. Waterproof

3. Maximum of 300$

And yeah thats about it, if you know of something like this, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks again guys

Flats

"hey Flats, you can take the same pictures with your phone and your 200$ camera"

Now that that's out of the way ...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=waterproof%20camera

Read the reviews on each ... make your decision. I was looking for a waterproof camera, too. I ended up buying a $35.00 basic camera. I can buy 3 of them for the price of one waterproof. If I take care of it, I won't have to buy any more.

Hi Flats-

I know it is a little over the budget ($379) but you may want to take a look at the Olympus TG-4. It is sumbersible and a very capable point and shoot camera. What sold me was the incredible macro capability - it can focus on a surface it is placed on (using the accessory light ring). It also has the ability to take "stacked" macro images and combine these into one - effectivly increasing the depth of field in the image.

Found it for 288$, super interested

Could you provide some pictures you have taken with it? Also some underwater if you have them...

Thanks again!!

Watched some film with that camera, quality is great, pictures macro durability all that good stuff is also great

But my only concern is the weird noise it makes while filming, is that removable or is it permanent?

Thanks

In your last post, I provided a link to dozens of cameras that met your criteria. This is a link to Other cameras that would also meet your criteria. You appear unwilling to do your own research, and now are asking us to tell you what exact camera to buy. Nobody can tell you which of dozens of options will best suit you.

Ok here is what I use: A Kodak V530 and a Canon Powershot A620. The Kodak is a 5 MP camera that does shoot short video, The Canon will also shoot video.

Neither one is waterproof, but then my goal when I am out fishing is to stay above the water at all times. They suit me just fine, but only you can determine the camera you need.

Get out there and do some work on finding a camera yourself instead of asking others to provide you with a ready made answer.

Wow you really don't know me then

I think im settled on the Olympus tg-4 , just a bit iffy about the weird noise it makes while filming, but that's ok. Thanks again FT for the recommendation, hopefully Santa Claus will be good to me ;)

What weird noise are you talking about?

There should be no noise unless it is coming from the lens motor, only if zooming.

I see now what you are talking about.I did a little research and found that Olympus has admitted they are aware of the noise and that it is caused by the AF auto focus built into the camera.Depending on the lighting or what you are focusing on would cause the camera to continually refocus and cause the clicking noise.Also it will be louder at times.None of my cameras do this so in other words they screwed up and can't fix it.The camera has some great features but personally i would not buy it because of the noise.Especially if video is one of the features you will be using quite a bit.You will never be able to stop it from doing this and that's a lot of money.