Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Anvil Curved Scissor

Sorry Norm I don’t have any Anvil brand scissors to compare. It doesn’t look right to me though. If you go to the John Stockard site and zoom this product’s pic they are fully closed.

I'm no "scissor expert" ... but that does NOT look right.

Kind of "pointless" if the scissors are sharpened to the tip and the tip doesn't cut anything.

Hi Norm,

If you just got those, I would send them back. Their site shows that pair, and they definitely are supposed to close all the way to the tips. If they're damaged enough to have one of the sides bent, who knows how that effected the stress on the screw or the correct alignment of the blades. Just my two cents...

Regards,

Mark

Mark

These scissors are 25+ years old and I have no idea where I bought them from. Maybe back in Colorado

Ill try to bend the arms away from each other or just throw them away. I dont use them

anyway a big thanks goes out to capt obvious. i bent the arm slightly and voila! i'll sleep much better tonight :)

scissor-2.jpg

anyway a big thanks goes out to capt obvious. i bent the arm slightly and voila! i'll sleep much better tonight :)

Captain Obvious?

So then why did you come on here and ask?

You're welcome by the way.