Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tctrout

Tube Flies: Part 2

This is the second in a series titled "Tube Flies," with the focus being on the setup of the vise tool and tying a basic tube fly (Woolly Bugger). I also discuss a change in the materials to purchase from HMH, which is a revision from the first video.

Enjoy!

TC

I know this was posted a while ago, but wanted to say that these are great videos! I was thinking about getting into tube fly tying, and this video convinced me! I currently am awaiting a kit, and can't wait to get into it!

Just wondering, do you think you'll ever get a tube vise or just stay with the attaachment?

Troy

I know this was posted a while ago, but wanted to say that these are great videos! I was thinking about getting into tube fly tying, and this video convinced me! I currently am awaiting a kit, and can't wait to get into it!

Just wondering, do you think you'll ever get a tube vise or just stay with the attaachment?

Troy

Thanks for the comments, Troy, and I'm glad the video is helping to motivate others. As of now, I plan on sticking with the attachment due to the # of tube flies I tie. If they were my primary choice for fishing, I would definitely consider, but I haven't made that leap...yet!

Thanks again,

Tim

Hey I just finished watching your videos...Thanks for making them! You made the whole "tube world" seem easier for me. I tied up a few wooly buggers to get myself started and so far I'm seeing some progress...The first one went up in flames...even after your heads up haha. 2nd one looked better but the wraps of thread on the marabou seemed to be sliding a bit, so the 3rd try was a bit better.

Thanks again though for the videos I'm looking forward to learning more as I go.

Hey I just finished watching your videos...Thanks for making them! You made the whole "tube world" seem easier for me. I tied up a few wooly buggers to get myself started and so far I'm seeing some progress...The first one went up in flames...even after your heads up haha. 2nd one looked better but the wraps of thread on the marabou seemed to be sliding a bit, so the 3rd try was a bit better.

Thanks again though for the videos I'm looking forward to learning more as I go.

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad to know you have made the jump into the "tube world." It definitely took a few patterns to get in the mix, but once used to everything, the process is very fast, for sure!

Be careful with the flame! A lot of the time, I burn prior to adding everything...maybe go that route. ;-)

TC