Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Florida mid September

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 FliesbyNight

FliesbyNight

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:22 PM

........ I was hoping to grab the bead chain today but no luck.......

Vicente,

If you're in need of bead chain for eyes, Home Depot sells in at least two sizes and colors. It's in the electrical department. I just took a look. 3 feet for $6, brushed nickle. Much cheaper than specialty shops.
Just a Jerk at one end of the line hoping for a jerk at the other end...

#17 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

That was my first place to check second was Michael's.

#18 Capt Bob LeMay

Capt Bob LeMay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:22 AM

In general Ive always used old time hardware stores for the various sized bead chain I need... buying it both by the foot and by the spool when needed.
The largest size I use was always called plumbers chain by older hardware guys. These days you see it used mostly for the pull chains on big vertical blinds.

Much, much cheaper than what fly shops sell - and the exact same stuff.
Tight lines Bob LeMay (954) 435-5666

#19 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

+1 on the exotics. Peacocks, ClownKnifes, MayanCichlids, from canal between DelRayBeach and BocaRotan.
IMG-0942.jpg
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#20 Capt Bob LeMay

Capt Bob LeMay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:58 AM

Very nice...

Rarely has the introduction of new species (almost 40 years ago now) been so successful...
Tight lines Bob LeMay (954) 435-5666