Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
znadam

New to Norway

So, I just moved from the Pacific Northwest of the States to Western Norway and I was looking from some local advice.

Basically, I primarily have fished rivers, streams and lakes and am quite familiar with the entomology, species and tying those of the western US, however my efforts for local information here have turned up little information of value.

Does anyone have recommendations on species, hatch timings, resources, etc.?

I know of a couple native norwegians frequent this site but if anyone else has any advice...all is welcome.

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say and exploring this new place...so far it's amazing!

-Z

Dry Fly Purist is your answer in my opinion. Terje is an exceptional fly tier and a very knowledgeable person and who I would ask for ANY information concerning trout in Norway.

Yes, dryfly purist and eide should be able to tell you all you need.

Don´t know if you speak any kind of scandinavian, but there´s a good "book" about mayflies in troutwaters. Dagsländor i öringvatten. It´s in swedish though, but has all the info for 21 mayfly species, from nymph to spinners.
Or have a look at this site: http://www.hooked.no/category/insektsguiden/dognfluer/ It´s in norwegian, but google might be able to translate it.