Fly Tying
fshng2

Poppers, Sliders & Divers Show Us Your Patterns

Show us your patterns, they can be made from any type materials for fresh or salt water fish.

This also includes Floaters: Floaters include anything that floats without the need for a fly floatant.

Dragon Diver:

Head Material: Synthetic Wine Cork

Slice a 3/16" thick circle from the cork and fold it with a vice grip then CA glue it to shape.

5OTAi2G.jpg

APo1kS4.jpg

Who Me?

Those are all very cool. I have too much stuff in my head right now to start some new stuff but some day I'd like to try some of those.

Fished the dragon yesterday until dark when it was hung up in a tree.

I’ll go back today and get it.

It floats better than I expected, throws a decent spray ,and dives slightly when stripped.

All in all I like the action and will probably make more.

Cream I like the walk the dog on your fly. Any tips on doing this in foam or balsa?

Mike nice flies. I like the flip flop kind too as they are quick to tie, don’t cost much, and are durable.

Flytire, nice selection of poppers, pencil poppers and I'm guessing a slider.

This gives me some good ideas for color schemes.

Cream I like the walk the dog on your fly. +1

Any tips on doing this in foam or balsa— Been working on these recently not ready for prime time. Key seems to be buttockal weighting.

Thanks for hosting this thread, and denduke is always welcome here too, his creativity often amazes me. flytires assortment meet his usual crafting excellence... If you reverse the body on those pencil pops, you are halfway to “dog walking” More later

Thanks Flat Rock, I thought it will be a fun thread and a way to share our talents.

Who knows maybe it's a category that can be added to the "Species/Tying Style Specific Forums" section.

X2 Denduke is always welcome here, his skills are top shelf.

I had to look for sliders apparently I don't have as many as I thought. This is my popper box from my last trip to Canada back in 2017. Pretty much what I still use most of the time. A close up of my favorite popper. I catch a lot of fish on these.

post-309-0-76695500-1582132988_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-17013300-1582133030_thumb.jpg

and some sliders.

post-309-0-56387100-1582133088_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-15521300-1582133114_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-22237800-1582133129_thumb.jpg

The Taiwan toad. Body is a champagne cork, thru wired to a double salmon hook giving it some articulation.

post-48414-0-29144400-1582168619_thumb.jpg post-48414-0-64626800-1582168662_thumb.jpg