Cut off for sign up is Nov. 17th to have flies here by Nov. 24th.
Welcome to the Secret Santa Swap 2019! The object of this swap is that you send me your flies in a nice fly box (amount stated below) and I photograph them and randomly send them to your secret swapper, trying to match fishing preferences. The secret swapper does not know until they open them, who they are from. There may be Secret Santa stocking stuffers that are randomly given away to the swappers that have their flies to me on time! There are a few changes from last year's swaps to try to make things more equitable for tiers and receivers and easier for me.
I will need either a PM or email from each participant including your name, address, AND I would like each participant to give their preference of category or type they would prefer their flies in and I will try to match these as much as possible.
The deadline for this swap will be November. 25th. Flies to be here by that time. Foreign shores anticipate your mailing time to make deadline. When I receive your information I will add you to the swapper’s list. If you would like to join in and you are sure you can make the deadline that the flies have to make it to me by the due date, reply with I'M IN and pm or email me your information! THERE IS NO POST REQUIREMENT TO JOIN THIS SWAP.
I am going to make a big change from last year that will help me keep things organized. I want all boxes sent in able to fit in 6" x 9" or 9" x 11" envelopes. I will provide the 6" x 9" or 9" x11" bubble mailers on my end. Santa can't afford 30 or hopefully more postages from the North Pole so please include return postage to your addy , stamps, cash or paypal to my account but DO NOT send a return envelope.
Flies will be due by 11-24-19 (Due by 11-24-19, not shipped by 11-24-19), so they can be photographed, gift wrapped and be on their way to their secret swapper's before Christmas.
These are the categories to send in. Pick one! The Guidelines are Minimum gift packages. Your fly box should be appropriate to the flies you've chosen.
1) 12 minimum of your favorite freshwater panfish/trout flies...These can be 12 different flies or 4 sets of 3. The crossover between panfish, trout, shad, skipjack etc. is such these flies should pretty much fit into one group. You can send as many as you wish but 12 is the minimum. Most pad that a little.
2) 6 large freshwater flies. i.e. intruders, streamers, articulated. These can be bass flies, stripers, pike, etc. but generally more intense in size and effort than category 1. Cork, foam and balsa poppers would fit this category.
3) 6 large saltwater flies. i.e. crabs, shrimp, streamers, etc. tied on saltwater hooks.
4) 3 stacked and packed deer hair flies. These are more effort than most other flies and can be things of beauty. I have a few from members too nice to fish so they hang on my tying bench for inspiration.
You are NOT limited to listed amount of flies. I CANNOT always balance the amounts of flies and box when cross matching the swappers and secret santas so sending in several extra is great but cannot guarantee getting back anything except minimums.
This has been a fun swap and I hope to make it fun, equitable, and get each person flies geared toward their preference as much as possible. Let's have fun and the sooner I get all the flies the sooner they'll be packaged and returned. Once back to receivers I expect them to sit UNMOLESTED under tree until Christmas Eve. I promise to keep better track of where your flies go and be able to give that info if no one responds to your flies.
There is no limit to how many can participate in this swap. Considering it's Christmas, the more the merrier.
You may send in boxes in more than one category or more than one box in a category. You will get a return gift for each box sent.
You decide what you think someone would like to receive, tie them up and send them in. No limit to the amount of participants for this swap.
Thank You, Vicrider
PO Box 361
Cheyenne OK 73628
Notes based on last year's questions...
1. Yes, my email is paypal connected for postage
2. To clarify a point, I'm going to try again on this since I've had a couple of questions on it.
Let's say you're in for a panfish swap. Now, let's say you don't know 12 panfish flies you can tie comfortably and send in. Okay, no one (most anyway), wants a dozen identical Bluegill Bullies. If you're only comfortable with a few different patterns fine. Just mix them up so you have no more than 3 of any single pattern so the person will have some variety in his box. This could be as simple as 4 sets of 3 different patterns, 4 sets of 3 similar but different color or weight or size patterns, or 2 sets of 3 patterns and 6 different patterns. Not trying to confuse anyone here, just trying to make it clear that this is not the swap where we try to tie 12 identical patterns.
3. Since it was brought up by someone, I will include the Santa's surprise for at least one lucky member drawn at random. This will consist of some flies sent as extras by generous souls and maybe a few tying materials I have in surplus. At least one special surprise, maybe more.
6...Rick Ziegler ...arrived
12.Dad of 6 ...arrived
24.twisted tippet ...arrived
25.Alberta Al ...arrived
26.Little Dave ...arrived