Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Swampfoxforeman

Johnson Fly reel?

Think they still made them in the '60s when they owned Phillipson Rods, as well, I've only read about them, drag is non adjustable and the same going in or out because it is a magnet. Some said the drag was a little high for trout tippets. The 3 was for DT6, iirc.

They are really good well made reels. This reel was the favorite of the late Joe Brooks. I had one but sold it as I just could not get past the quietness of the reel. They are dead silent going in or going out.

Joe

My last name is Johnson, and I have several other Johnson reels. I thought it would be nice to pick one up, but the only one I seen for sale is a mod 3 and they want $150. I have a buddy that is trying to buy my 5wt setup. So I may sale it to him and get another 5wt setup. If I do I would get a rod from steeldrifter, and not sure of reel. Johnson maybe or a Galvan T5 or a Rush.

Well I have decided to sale my 5wt setup and get drifter to build me a 5wt rod. I have also decided to get a Galvan Rush LT $100 more for the Torque n it only saves 3oz ain’t worth it to me.