Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fletchfishes

Flycraft Stealth Inflatable Boat

Anyone ever used one of these? Saw two guys in one a couple weeks ago on the upper West Branch of the Delaware and have been fascinated since. Smaller boats seems light (<100lbs) portable and very functional.

https://www.flycraftusa.com/

flycraftstealthsidewithrac1_500x.png?v=1

I'd love any firsthand reviews and/or suggested alternatives that provide a similar level of function!

There are several options available. I have a frameless inflatable from North Fork Outdoors. Mine is the older Predator that doesn't have as nice a seating system and weighs in at about 18#. Check out the new ones, though: https://www.davescaddenpaddlesports.com/product-page/outlaw-predator-r

If you fish ponds and small lakes, or would like to float a section of a river, these boats are great fishing platforms. The 2-man versions cost a bit more, but offer other opportunities.

Other manufacturers include Creek Company, Classic Accessories, Outcast, Star Rafts, Buck's Bags, and I'm sure some others that I'm not familiar with.

I have two of these:

https://www.bigskyinflatables.com

Have had them for about 12 years. They came in a backpack for hiking short distances, made out of white water rafting material that has not broken down in the slightest, are extremely easy to row, very stable, and are rated for Class IV rapids. I love mine and they are great for rivers and small lakes.

In Colorado you cannot touch the river bottom while floating through private property, so being able to hold position using only the fins is a huge advantage over larger rafts. There are cons as well, such as...it takes a lot out of you to kick, row, and fish simlultaneously for an entire day. Big advantage over a belly boat is you are out of the water, advantage over pontoons is less prone to catching lots of wind because they have a low profile. Plus they pavk away very small with no frame.

They are a great option to have. I still shore fish, wade fish, and use a larger boat for other places...but it's a blast being pulled around the lake by a 5lb trout, haha!

Thanks for the replies - spent some time last night looking through the other options you both mentioned. Feels like the Fly Craft raft is still the ideal compromise between price and function - others are either more expensive, heavier or don't offer the same functionality. I'm having a good time envisioning taking my son on float trips with just the two of us.