Fly Tying

Terje, your fly photos are frame-able artworks. They don't really show "pattern details" ... but I'd bet any shop or enthusiast would like to have those on the wall.

Beautiful detail on those feathers.

That's really nice. I can't figure out what the thorax is covered with. Is that foam, or the deer hair covered with epoxy? How did you create the texture?

Its foam coloured with a marker.

Great pattern. CDC I keep saying I'm going to use more and I never do but I like that on there. Have you trimmed it underneath?

Terje, your fly photos are frame-able artworks. They don't really show "pattern details" ... but I'd bet any shop or enthusiast would like to have those on the wall.

Beautiful detail on those feathers.

Thanks a lot, Mike :-) :-)

Terje

That's really nice. I can't figure out what the thorax is covered with. Is that foam, or the deer hair covered with epoxy? How did you create the texture?

Thanks a lot, FlaFly :-)

The head over the thorax is made of foam. I used a waterproof marker pen to add some colour to the foam :-)

Terje

Its foam coloured with a marker.

Great pattern. CDC I keep saying I'm going to use more and I never do but I like that on there. Have you trimmed it underneath?

Correct :-)

Yes i have trimmed it underneath by just using my fingers to remove unwanted fibres :-)

Terje

what lens and setting do you use to take those photos, Terje. They're really nice.

Thanks a lot, feathers5 :-)

Nikon D800 and Nikon 105mm f 2,8 macro lens :-)

Terje

This looks like something that will make a remarkable impression on the surface. Beautifully done. What's the body made of?

Thanks a lot, William :-)

The body is cdc dubbing, wings of deer hair, legs made of cdc fibres and a head made of foam :-)

Terje