Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
andresere

Howdy everybody

I was googling some stuff for fly fishing and this site came up. I'm recently getting back in to fly fishing after about a 10 year break. I grew up in Southern Idaho and spent a lot of time on the forks of the Boise River. I moved to Oregon later, and have spent a bunch of time on the Owyhee River, and some on the Metolius and the Deschutes as well. I started fly fishing in the mid - 80s, started tying around 90 or so. I am good enough to be functionally dangerous at the vise lol. I retired in 2012 after 26 years with my Uncle, and now I can finally get back to the vise and the rivers in my area. I live in North Eastern Oregon (La Grande) and have a little bit of time on local rivers (Wallowa, Imnaha, Wenaha and Grande Ronde). I hope to learn a bunch here and maybe even share the one 'thing' that I may have picked up somewhere with someone who is just now learning. The one thing I can tell people today who are starting in this hobby, is feel blessed that you have YouTube and forums like this and didn't have to rely on a book with poor pictures or a worn out VHS tape that you paid way too much money for lol.

Andres

post-62212-0-65929000-1509838753_thumb.jpg

post-62212-0-92623600-1509838874_thumb.jpg

Welcome!

Thank God it sounds like you might have picked up more than one thing.

Otherwise you just gave up your whole gig! :)