Fly Tying

In this instructional video you will see the step by step process of tying a WD40. The WD40 is a great go to pattern for rivers as well as lakes. We use the tungsten version of this fly on Hebgen Lake a lot during the summer. This pattern has been around a longtime and its ability to produce has added to its long life. Next time you are on the water give this fly a try.

Materials

Hook: Daiichi 1120 #16-20
Thread: UTC 70 Blue Dun
Tail: Mallard Flank Dyed Wood Duck
Thorax: Light Grey Antron Dubbing
Wingcase: Mallard Flank Dyed Wood Duck

This is a fine video and I appreciate your efforts, but would you consider doing some of Mike Lawson's patterns? I would love to see a video of his partridge caddis emerger, electric caddis, easy caddis and so on. There are quite a number of videos on the WD40 and zebra midge, but there don't seem to be any of Mr. Lawson's flies on youtube. Thanks for anything you can do.

This is a fine video and I appreciate your efforts, but would you consider doing some of Mike Lawson's patterns? I would love to see a video of his partridge caddis emerger, electric caddis, easy caddis and so on. There are quite a number of videos on the WD40 and zebra midge, but there don't seem to be any of Mr. Lawson's flies on youtube. Thanks for anything you can do.

We will be getting them up over the next couple of months. We are doing tying video as a monthly theme. February is Midge month, March is Baetis and Streamer month, April is Going to be Caddis and March Brown month and so on. I promise that we will get his patterns up. Thank you for the feedback.

Excellent. Many thanks. I have a DVD with Mr. Lawson, Jack Dennis and John Barr discussing and fishing their favorite flies, and Mr. Lawson ties his electric caddis on camera. The video is good as far as it goes, but I would love to see a more in-depth look at it, along with his other fine patterns.