Fly Tying

Like all good permit flies, the Keel Crab is heavy and will bolt right to the bottom when presented in front of a hungry fish. The brass beads on the keel not only add weight to the fly, but also make the fly sink straighter and allow the crab to sit in an aggressive position.

We prefer to tie in the body underneath (between the shank and hook gap) so when a permit looks down at the fly he sees nothing but crab shell.

Video Instructions: How To Tie The Keel Crab Permit Fly
post-58370-0-99795600-1466099347_thumb.jpg
Materials:

Very nice!

I have to watch on mute at the moment, so apologies if you call it out specifically in the video...but it looks like you're using an extremely thin adhesive to secure key points of your tie. Can you share what that adhesive is?

Pretty good video. I wasted 4 minutes of my life while you tediously teased out the rubber legs and trimmed the hair for the shell. Just stick your bodkin in there at the shaft and pull each leg out ... maybe 20 seconds, instead of 4 minutes.

Other than that, I liked the rest of the tutorial.

Thank you

I read back through my response ... meant to be humorous but might not have read that way. I really did like everything about the video except that part.

No worries, It is a bit humorous how long it takes to pull the legs out one by one when they get trapped in the fibers. Thanks for sharing your way of doing it, anything to save time is worth it.