Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Dying

I'm in the process of dying some materials and was wondering what are some of the other members color formula's that they use. I'm mixing Sunshine Orange ( 1 tbs), Denim Blue (1/4 tsp) with a cup of water.Care to share? I think it could be useful info to someone else.

Kevin

Kevin, I've always really enjoyed your posts, and I know this is a fishing forum, not English class, but please, it's "dyeing"! When you start a post with "dying" it scares the heck out of folks! :(

:)

I've never really dyed anything but have always wanted to but then I'll think about it and there isn't really anything I need to dye because they sell materials in so many colors already. Maybe I'll try some this winter...

Kevin, I've always really enjoyed your posts, and I know this is a fishing forum, not English class, but please, it's "dyeing"! When you start a post with "dying" it scares the heck out of folks! :(

:)

Sorry tidewaterfly, I didn't realize my misspelling. It's been a long week. My son had is baby and then my mother-in-law died all within a week. I guess my meant well and my fingers went the wrong way. Thanks

Kevin

Kevin, sounds like a tough week! Joy & sorrow both can take a toll on you! Congrats on being a grandpa & condolences for the loss!

I'm glad to hear you're dyeing & not dying! :)

Kevin:

CONGRATULATIONS, And Condolences; all in one sentence.

If you are going to use RIT dyes, and if there is a color you want that they don't have in their 'line-up' of dyes, all you have to do is to contact them directly, tell them the color you want to make, and they will send you a precise formula for making it using their dyes.

GOOD LUCK!

I know it was said that you can get a lot of things dyed before you buy them, but there are times when you want to make your own be dyeing or blending a dubbing. Case in point I was fishing the Savage River one time during a Sulphur hatch. Two different sizes, 2 different colors. None of the "sulphur" colors of dubbing I had matched so I made my own.

I have a big bag of wool that I pull some off and dye my own streamers head colors.

Kevin