Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Everglades backcountry - Flamingo, 25 May

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Bob LeMay

Capt Bob LeMay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:08 AM

As usual my report only has a bit of fly fishing (fly anglers wanted...) this week  - but the small tarpon (less than 60lbs...) have been eating our flies when presented properly... At any rate here's the report....

https://www.microski...o-25-may.65832/

Tight lines Bob LeMay (954) 435-5666

#2 Barbless Bob

Barbless Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

Sure wish I was there now. There's something truly magical about flyfishing the Everglades, especially the areas Captain Bob LeMay knows so well. My humble advice is for every "serious" fly fisher to give it a try. Seems like every trip I make down there, I come back with memories that last a lifetime. You can look at a 1000 YouTube videos, and no matter how great they are, they'll never match your own real-life experiences.

#3 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

Nice fish in that report, Capt.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 Capt Bob LeMay

Capt Bob LeMay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:39 AM

thanks guys - that area is my favorite place in this world... and during summer I pretty much have the area to myself.

Tight lines Bob LeMay (954) 435-5666