Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Skip48

Tip on Scissors

OK I am a crappie jig tier so don't really feel I can add much about tying that would help you guys so I have a tip about scissors.

I have a lot of fly tying scissors, some serrate some not, Dr. Slicks and others. However my favorite ones yet are from a set I bought a few years back. I use several of them, but the little ones are perfect for cutting close, even like cutting chenille very close with the tip is nothing. Anyway now they are on sale and you can give your wife the little pruning shears and the big kitchen ones, maybe others, but the little ones a just great and since you get all 5 for $30 and they are Henckels which are German made they are just great.

So that is my tip and if you try these I think you will be glad you did. You can cut most anything you want with them. I just ran into the sale and thought I would share with you guys so you can get some great little scissors and have a gift for the wife as well.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

Skip

Here is a link to the sale...

http://www.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?Ca...;CURRENT_PAGE=5

That is a great deal on that set

Yes it is and they are great scissors, all of them.

thanks man, and nice jigs

Your welcome and Thanks for the kind words as I do appreciate it. If you get the scissors you will be happy!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Sign in to follow this