Fly Tying
flytire

new fly tying products

what new fly tying products have you foung that may be useful or maybe not so useful

lets stay on topic. fly shop items. craft store items already has a thread. so go there and post crafty stuff

2 tone tying beads

yPCpNjZ.jpg

https://www.canadianllama.com/2-tone-tungsten-half-beads

i'm a half hitch tool user so i might consider these if the price is right

SMHAEN HALF HITCH TOOL WITH INTERNAL CUTTER

colored uv resins from gulff fly fishing. wapsi is bringing these to the USA Dec 1 or so

gulff_all.jpg

https://gulffflyfishing.com/wp/

Depending on the cost i can see a place for coloured UV resin on my desk.

Not really new items but some of the chenille from flybox is very varied and can spice up traditional patterns that call for hackle.

Sulky Sliver Metallic. Not really all that new but only "new" material that I've incorporated into more and more patterns. Really hasn't been that much new out lately it seems, or perhaps I've finally slowed down trying new materials, no matter how unlikely that sounds.

What exactly is the point of two tone beads? It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure about the application.

I'm definitely interested in the colored UV, depending on price.

I just ordered some Nature's Spirit grizzly turkey biots. I'm real interested to see if they give the color variation when wrapped that I'm expecting. Hopefully I'll get them before Thanksgiving, but whenever I get them I'll post an update here.

Those are awesome! Even though I can't see the benefit of a matte bead, I can't help but buy them...
EDIT: I added everything I wanted to my cart then realized it was crazy money and I'd be slaughtered if I spent that much. Maybe after the holidays :(

I got some Solerez Bone Dry UV resin at the Symposium last weekend. That stuff is great for head cement! Water thin, so it soaks into the thread, and then zap for 6 seconds to cure. No muss, no fuss, no tackiness. I'm going to be using that a lot!

I bought a razor blade holder.... I can’t remember who makes it but it was one of the first company’s to come out with one.

I rarely use it. Every once in while it serves a purpose but I’m more comfortable just using my hands.

I think if you grew up learning to trim deer hair with one of those it might feel natural to you.

Mine is a lot simpler ... there’s a couple threads on these things around here somewhere one is really over engineered.

do you have a new product to share?

As a matter fact I do.

I’ve been meaning to buy this for about a year now but haven’t done it yet.

https://www.caddisflyshop.com/spindler-popper-body-shaping-tool.html?ref=lexity&_vs=google&_vm=productsearch&gclid=CjwKCAiAiuTfBRAaEiwA4itUqDIDFm209c_Iopy2U3_VkbHI_NJt82tHApZtZv3mRFGIJrIBEBvVvxoClVIQAvD_BwE

CAFC07-E6-FA82-40-BC-9-A8-A-043-BE9-CBE1

Here’s the one I bought

http://tightlineflyreels.com/bend_a_blade

DF47-BDF4-B1-A5-44-E4-A26-F-B2-EDB6-E559

chicone-s-material-and-fly-prep-station-

chicone's material & fly prep station about $12

7486.Jpg

chicone's fettuccine foam $3.25

i guess if youre afraid of cutting foam, this would be the way to go