Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Quick Trips

Fishing Report Ponds Community Lakes

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#751 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

Fish fry at Rick's !!!

Nice batch o' Crappie and Bluegill.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#752 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

Having a tough time with editing the video from last weekend. Got sidetracked again; had the day off so after a little ukelele time to get song stuck in my head recorded, went fishing. Caught a nice trout that went 20" on the Trinity in Fort Worth!

Back to editing the video from last weekend, but a trout derby up the road from us, will sure sidetracked it... no worries, rather be fishing!

#753 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

One last trout stocking to end the Season... then, it's warmer water fishing!

#754 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Made it to McKinney this morning and fished for a couple of hours. Caught two, lost two, then had leave them biting. Power Bait, Power Worms, and corn were working. Olive Near Deere under a strike indicator worked, too. Did try a new recipe for the trout caught Friday... broiled it this time. Tasty dish, keeping this one for future 20" and larger trout!

#755 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

Got the video edited and posted of the action on  the Trinity River in Fort Worth. Always grateful for TRWD's trout stocking efforts in the Winter months, and closing out the Season with TRWD Flyfest!

#756 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

Start of warm water fishing... to kick things off, we strike out. No worries, had a fun time hiking the Eagle Mountain Trails. Brought the flyrod and wet a line first chance! Quick Update - March 24, 2018

#757 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

Quick trip this evening. Caught three Bass - one on a Foam Grasshopper; two on a Red Damsely Fly. Too nice an evening to be indoors! Quick Update - March 29, 2018.

#758 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:46 PM

Telescoping Micro Fly Rod modified with larger rod guides... fun stuff for quick trips to the local pond! Micro Fly Rod.

#759 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:05 PM

Been meaning to get this video out; it answers the question of why we like one-handed spey casting...? First part demos different rods we used before settling on a 6wt Switch Rod and a 5wt Trout Fly Rod lined with OPST Commando Head. Second part are clips of past trips using the fly rods including one that was not in the first part. One-Handed Spey Casting.

#760 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:43 PM

Recap of the past few days to include a couple of fish that took the PMOT pattern... fun stuff! Quick Update - April 17, 20118

#761 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

Rain in the forecast today. Decided to fish a local pond before the rain clouds moved in. Able to catch two Bass, no Bruisers but still fun... plus, did get some video of a couple of nice Bass in the Canal area. Saturday AM Fishing at Bethany Creek Pond.

#762 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

#763 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

Follow-up video of action Sunday evening...

#764 MouseManiac

MouseManiac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

Finally got out on my favorite creek for the first time in months.  The water was still a little high and fast from recent rains, coupled with still a little cold.  I didn't have time for the paddle board, so I just hit some easy access spots from the bank.  Landed this nice smallie for this small creek in one of those spots that always holds fish on an olive articulated baitfish/sculpin type pattern.  I don't really tie "patterns", so just is what it is.  

Attached File  IMG_2761.jpg   92.38KB   0 downloads

Not sure why it is showing up sideways, as the file on my computer is vertical.

#765 fshng84

fshng84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

Finally got out on my favorite creek for the first time in months.  The water was still a little high and fast from recent rains, coupled with still a little cold.  I didn't have time for the paddle board, so I just hit some easy access spots from the bank.  Landed this nice smallie for this small creek in one of those spots that always holds fish on an olive articulated baitfish/sculpin type pattern.  I don't really tie "patterns", so just is what it is.  

attachicon.gifIMG_2761.jpg

Not sure why it is showing up sideways, as the file on my computer is vertical.

Very nice!