Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Making the best of rain

Some action shots from today. Made the best of all this rain and took the brushless King Sling Rc monster truck I built out for a bit of bashing/mudding.

28ziGg.jpg
wDgx33.jpg
ogjfhP.jpg
dY57GK.jpg
YQphul.jpg
eKIHlv.jpg
1snBoz.jpg
TV10rT.jpg
QqyJh8.jpg
BE10lb.jpg
yPrnOw.jpg
HRlxFT.jpg
PE7Ori.jpg
sxgrkw.jpg
6ZJsMJ.jpg

Glad you have been able to get a surge from the rain Steve! I have been dying for a little rain free time here in New England to get out and fish! So far, bo good! I will be out there soon!

It's really crazy this year flyty1. I can't remember a May/June where it was this wet. Flow on the Au Sable is 12" high right now, which is nuts for that river as it's spring feed/tailwater it usually stays pretty level no matter the rain.

Are you standing close enough to that puddle to get some mud on you ? Isn't getting dirty part of the fun ?

You need to find a clean water puddle on the road. Run that puppy through it a few time to clean it off before taking it home.

I just hope that people realize the flows are fast and don't take chances wading in fast water! Remember the news clips where cars and trucks are swept downstream in high water situations - nobody I know weighs in like a car! Please be safe!